Matt Morrell

Matt Morrell
The Reason I Am Doing This

Monday, January 11, 2010

Fundraising

I made some errors in fundraising. The first was not demanding the money in cash to get it doubled. I would be a lot further ahead by now. The second was charging too little for my bike services. I just didn't realize that people took such poor care of their bikes.

Anyway, I hit my minimum and even had enough to help out a team-mate that needed a hand making the minimum. I am not a minimum kinda guy though.

So, I am in Kansas last week for our national sales meeting at the new parent company. We are all supposed to give 5 minute speeches. I figured that would be a great time to hit up everyone for donations instead of the lame email and pestering I was going to do. I gave my speech, but lost it about 1/4 into it. I pulled it together and got about half of what I wanted to say out. Apparently it was enough. Including my personal contribution of $1000, I raised $4200. That will make a big difference to some people.

Now I am going to start to really up my activity in fundraising. I have some great ideas that I am going to start moving with.

1 comment:

  1. who-hoo! You go!!! That's great re the $4200! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete