Matt Morrell

Matt Morrell
The Reason I Am Doing This

Monday, January 11, 2010

800 Marker

This is old news, but it isn't on the blog, so I thought I would post it. I was supposed to do a 1000 meter swim marker (test), but decided to do another 800 on New Years Day to see how I did in comparison. I BLEW AWAY my old time. I was just a little over 19 minutes this time and swam the whole time continuously. It was a huge confidence booster.

Swimming has been improving since then. I have been able to do my workouts for the most part, which is new for me. I am wayyy behind, but I will catch up soon. We have our first race in a couple weeks, so we'll see how that goes for me.

I did have a "race" this past weekend, that cost me a weekend of swimming. We were supposed to do a 100m interval pretty hard. I ended up being in the same lane as Simon, the running coach, who is also a terrible swimmer. We ended up racing the whole thing against each other and I beat him by 1/4 inch at the end. The victory was sweet, but unfortunately, I pulled a back muscle and was told to stop swimming by my coach. I am going to give it a shot today and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment